Friday, September 7, 2012

Stay-cation

Another small leave of absence I've taken, as I recently moved to a new (much cooler) apartment and done some other random things. But in the midst of "building" my new room - nesting, if you will, I've found some things that... I just really want I just really need. Again, I find etsy housing lots of these thingys.
1. Raw Wood Coat Rack
I'm going to possibly, potentially try and make this on my own. Once I find wood. And a saw.
2. This Surreal Photo. It called to me with it's title "Room for Rent."
Apartment hunting in NYC is NOT FUN. And that is as polite as I can be about it. (I get frustrated when I even think about the 3 weeks I spent with my roommate walking into little dumpy shitholes with sweaty brokers telling us that it was the best thing we were going to see in our lifetimes. Anyways, 3 weeks, 45 apartments, 6 open houses and 4 application rejections later (we were "outbid"), we got a palace.) With a terrace. yea.
3. This is kind of cool because it's a wooden sign that you can customize. Make it your own.
I have an idea of what I would want it to say, but I assure you, it will be nothing like "Dream" or "Laugh Out Loud" or something "Home Sweet Home." I also think that given that I already have a deer head (horns, no head) hanging above my nightstand, which casts a shadow on my ceiling (Cool), that this cowboy would most likely be overkill and I should bring out the rustic theme in other areas. So I think I will do that. Anyways, still a kind of cool thing.
4. Lastly, there is this rustic looking painting that I really like the colors of. 
I like anything like this where you look at a photo/painting/small birdhouse/whatever and you think, "I'd live in that, or at least walk around in it, if I could.

So these are my current little prizes that I want to win.

2 comments:

  1. I love that Etsy wood coat rack! So cute. What part of NYC did you move to? On Island?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brittany! I moved to Manhattan - in East village. Action packed:)

    ReplyDelete