Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May I Have Some.. More??

There is just like SO MUCH that I want I can't even explain it. I read this article in some magazine yesterday  while having my nails done that said that you should spend 4% of your salary on clothing. WHAT a moron who wrote that. That doesn't even make sense. I couldn't even spend 4% on like.. (trying to think of the most random thing that I have no need for at all).. well good. I don't buy a bunch of random shit. Spending 4% of your income on like costume party attire sounds more appropriate. Or items with fur. Or leather shorts.

There is just so much I want need, and I am in this constant battle with myself of - well, if I can't wear it to work should I really buy it? Do I have something like it in my closet already? Is it worth the money right now? Should I just go work out instead of shopping and everything that I already have will look awesome? No. No. No. I just went on a big buying spree to finally look like a sorta professional at work so I am set with working attire. Now I need items to play in. By this I mean shirts to jump around the East Village and Brooklyn in - drinking/playing shirts. I have professional shirts, and playing shirts. For playtime I either like to show back/under side boob, or leg. Sometimes 2 of the 3 ;)

My new favorite styles that I can't get enough of are the exaggerated open armhole big sleeve tank tops (not a good search term, especially considering I am in search engine marketing) - ya know the tanks that drape much lower than your normal tank top so it shows some side boop when you hold your arms out - LOVE side boob btw. So they are referred to as "drop armhole tanks." SO sexy, especially with cuttoff shorts. I really want some super shirt cutoff jean shorts but I just think they are more meant for the west coast. or the beach somewhere. You can just get away with showing more skin there. Even though any style is basically acceptable in NYC, I just feel too "open" like when I am on the subway heading from East Village to Brooklyn and I don't want to show any ass during this ride. I'm not trying to invite more attention than necessary. Because most of the time this attention isn't (revisit pep talk that a mom would give to an insecure middle school girl) "good attention." And I'm down with good attention.

Find this here - they only have Medium and Larges tho, otherwise it would be mine :) It's also around $45 I think.

I got this from Asos.com and I LOVE it but I think it might be sold out? Go ahead and check. They have a lot of good drop armhole shirts, they are just tough to find. This is my biggest problem with asos - they use different words than we do in American language (joke) - but seriously. They don't use "racerback" and some other common search term phrases. 
Another little looksy that I still love are jumpers/rompers - whatever the difference may be. I just think they are so sexy IF they fit. They should either show a lot of leg, or a little back, or some part of the body - but not all. A couple I love are below. I just can't justify spending $300+ on a piece of clothing called a "romper" - plus I already have done this but it was on a tuxedo styled fancier romper (ironic, yes) and I haven't worn it enough to warrant the cost. I need to pull it out and wear it again.

This one is also on Revolve - super cute and pretty classic style. I like how it hugs the butt. 
And this (below) is my DREAM ROMPER. I need it. If I were to be a CMO and about to lead my ideal company meeting, I would do it in this (if there were no HR dept.). I would also wear sunglasses during the entire thing. And potentially go barefoot. After I kicked off the below shoes. I literally would feel like a million bucks romping in this. This is the reason why the garment is called a romper - because it makes you want to ROMP.

Find it here at Revolve. It's $396
Beach hair for the meeting.

These are the shoes I'd wear to the really professional meeting. Don't they look comfy? They are from revolveclothing.com by Boutique 9  - $180. So cute. 
I bought these Celine sunglasses at Bergdorfs last week and I am obsessed with them.  Pulled this pic from this site. They are so great - $340. A big size so you need a decent sized face to pull them off.
This outfit would make for the most ridiculous meeting ever. I'd lead a brainstorming session over glasses of Sauvignon Blanc and alternate between euro cafe sounding remixes and Taylor Swift. Then I'd probably just call the meeting off and go outside.

Nicole romps too. Who wants to get a spray taan!?!?!? MEEEE.

No comments:

Post a Comment