Tuesday, January 29, 2013

New Lengths

I just read this article from The Man Repeller and was very excited/comforted to read someone else's view point on short hair/needing a new hairstyle. I recently chopped my locks as well (although I had someone else do it) but there is something very invigorating about not feeling like you have to a) stay with the same look you've always had or b) stay with a look that your culture tends to deem the most attractive.

I know long hair is beautiful, and I've always enjoyed having long blonde hair, but I have to say I find my new shortened hair drying time and my cute little nub of a ponytail exciting, and have yet to get bored of these 2 things. I basically just like the fact that I thought I might want a change, and I went for it. That in itself is satisfying, regardless of the outcome. And hey, it's only hair.

Here are some really great short hair styles that I brought in for my hairdresser to replicate, and although he must have been looking the other way while I held these pics up (he missed the key important part of the outside layer being longest, DUH!!), I am going to bring these pics in again to a new person to try and achieve this awesome tossled, piecey kind of bobby look. Do you like it?
Love this, but am smart enough to realize we have different face shapes and this wouldn't look the same on me!
Beautiful, but different hair texture from mine.
A good haircut can change styles! 

Julianne Hough - this is my fave. Love the long layers. I actually think she looks prettier this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment